Love clearly is all around. You just have to know where to look, and sometimes it depends only on your point of view.
Mother Nature is truly a romantic artist, as we can see in many of its wonderful creations. It has created many natural islands shaped like hearts you can visit all over the world. Uninhabited or not, in the middle of a lake or in the sea, amidst a tropical jungle, the mountains, or in a tropical paradise, there’s no doubt they are jewels on the planet.
If you want to impress on a date or choose a stunning destination to spend your honeymoon, you’ll probably think beyond Paris, Rome or some place a little more exotic. But how about going to a unique and romantic place, like a heart-shaped island?
So let’s get inspired by a compilation of the most amazing heart-shaped islands in the world.
1 – Galesnjak Island (Lovers’ Island) – Croatia
- This private and uninhabited small island contains only wild plants and trees and untouched beaches of the azure-blue Adriatic Sea, making it a great spot for couples in love. The island has become a major tourist destination after its perfect heart-shape was discovered on Google Earth in 2009. Click here to see this island on Google Maps.
2 – Heart Reef - Australia
- Located in Great Barrier Reef off Whitsunday Islands, it is a stunning coral formation that has been naturally formed into the shape of a heart. It can only be appreciated from the air, due to its protected status. The reef is a popular icon amongst travellers and is the site of many flight proposals. Photo by: I Loves the ‘Diffi – Flickr. Click here to see this island on Google Maps.
3 – Makepeace Island – Australia
4 – Heart-shaped Island – South Korea
5 – Blueberry Island – Canada
6 – Tavarua Island – Fiji Islands
7 – Heart-shaped Island – Orinoco River – Venezuela
- Flying over the Orinoco River, in Ciudad Bolívar, hidden in the peace and tranquillity of the Venezuela’s tropical jungle, you can see a luxurious heart-shaped island. Photo by: Jordi Diez – Treckearth
8 – Harbor Island – Maine – USA
- Located in the middle of Bucks Harbor, Brooksville, Maine, this forested heart-shaped island is home to a modest cabin on its shore. Besides the bay being a very popular summer colony, Harbor Island offers privacy and peace. The island was sold to a state-wide land conservation organization in order to protect this natural beauty. Photo by: Chris Pinchbeck | MCHT. Click here to see this island on Google Maps.
9 – Isla Corazón (Heart Island) – Lake Mascardi – Argentina
- Isla Corazón is a beautiful Patagonian’s sample of a heart-shaped island, located in the middle of the Mascardi Lake. This tree-covered island is best viewed from the East side of Gutierrez Lake. Actually, it is not a perfect heart-shaped island. It will only take on the heart shape when viewed from a specific angle. Photo by: Argentina Tennis vacations – Flickr. Click here to see this island on Google Maps.
10 – Heart-shaped Island – Lake Walchensee – Germany
- Located in the middle of the Bavarian Alps, it is identified as a small isle positioned in Lake Walchensee, one of the deepest lakes in the country. Photo by: Specialist Stock / Barcroft Media . Click here to see this island on Google Maps.
11 – Heart-shaped Island – Vaza-Barris River – Brazil
- Hidden in the mangrove delta of the Vaza-Barris River, in the state of Sergipe, this beautiful piece of nature is Brazil’s sample of a heart-shaped island. Photo by: Specialist Stock / Barcroft Media
12 – Heart-shaped Island – Adana – Turkey
- This perfectly heart-shaped island, located in the city of Adana in Turkey, only shows its ideal heart shape from the sky. Photo by: ssllo – Flickr
13 – Tupai Island – French Polynesia
- This heart-shaped paradise island is near Bora Bora, where pure white-sand beaches with coconut trees frame a shallow turquoise lagoon. Tupai is actually an uninhabited atoll, named the most romantic spot in Tahiti. Some companies even offer wedding packages for couples that want to get married there. Click here to see this Island on Google Maps.
14 – Heart-shaped Island – Okavango Delta – Botswana
- Situated about 25 kilometres west of Mombo, in the Okavango Delta, this beautiful heart-shaped island is nestled on a floodplain area, where all the African big animals can be found regularly, including elephant, lion, leopard and buffalo. Photo by: Karin Duthie / Alamy
15 – Heart-shaped Island – Lake Klaine Müritz – Germany
16 – Moorea Island – French Polynesia
- Moorea Island’s shape vaguely resembles a heart. But this romantic tropical island is a popular honeymoon destination, especially because its stunning scenery, where a beautiful mountain backdrop melts into a crystal clear lagoon. Click here to see this island on Google Maps.
17 – Heart-shaped Island – Alaska – USA
- Hidden on the beautiful fjords of Alaska, is a small heart-shaped island, near Port Chalmers area, Prince William Sound. Photo by: NOAA Photo Library – Flickr
18 – Netrani Island – India
- Netrani, also known as Pigeon Island, is a tiny coral island, with a shape of a heart, located in the Arabian Sea. This inhabited island is a hub of exotic marine species and it is one of the best sites for snorkelling and diving activities. Click here to see this island on Google Maps.
19 – Kardia Island – Greece
- Called by locals as “Kardia”, due to its heart-shaped silhouette, the small rocky island is a skerry of the Sapientza Island, in the Messinian Golf. With a population of seven inhabitants, according to the latest census, the island is almost a desert paradise. Click here to see this island on Google Maps.
20 – Petre Island – USA
- This heart-shaped island rises out of the middle of Lake Mahopac, 47 miles from New York City. It boasts magnificent rock formations, nature trails and 200-year-old beech trees. It was for sale in 2012, coming with a 5000-square foot residence. Click here to see this island on Google Maps.
You may also like: